Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Watermelon Salad

I love watermelon, and tomatoes for that matter. And lucky me, this time of year is great for both! So today's lunch was an amazing salad of watermelon, yellow cherry tomatoes, French feta and fresh herbs with a nice chunk of a fresh baguette. YUM! So yummy in fact, that I'm going to share this little nugget with you. Again, I'm keeping it simple. Both for me, and for you guys. Try this one out, I know you'll be happy you did.

Serves 2 as a side dish
2 pounds of watermelon, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, yellow or red; or any kind of fresh tomato, heirloom, beefsteak or otherwise
1/3 cup of crumbled French feta cheese (or for a little more tang and bite use the drier and less creamy, Bulgarian feta)
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup wild arugula
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Directions
Toss all ingredients but the oil. Drizzle on the olive oil last so as to not lose the flavor amongst the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers