For my first actual recipe I am keeping it short and sweet. I've been wanting to post a few things for awhile, but haven't had a moment to actually sit down and do so. I thought this would be painless enough, so here it goes.
Okay, so I know cold tofu isn't for everyone, but it keeps well in the fridge, and I always have some on hand for a quick dinner. Yesterday, late afternoon, I got hungry. Just a little too early for dinner I started to scrounge through the fridge for a quick, light, healthy, no fuss snack. Tofu it was. I love cold tofu, so initially I was just going to have a plain piece of tofu, but then I got creative. Some soy, sesame oil, sriracha and sesame seeds, and I had a delish snack! I tend to always have all of this on hand, they stay well for a long while, they add flavor to all sorts of food, and I do a lot of Asian cooking for myself. So if you don't already have them in your fridge, I suggest stocking up.
Super Quick Tofu Snack
1/4 piece of extra firm tofu I like Nasoya brand.
Drizzle of sesame oil really a drizzle, the stuff is super strong.
2 teaspoons or so of soy sauce
Sriracha to taste
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch chunks, add the rest of the ingredients, toss and eat!
If you've got some baby spinach in the fridge, you could certainly toss some of that right in there as well.
Yum yum!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment